Anchor builds investment tools for the new generation of traders. Our mobile application enables cryptocurrency and stock trading in a unified experience. We are based in San Francisco, CA but proud to be hiring remote engineers in all timezones. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will work directly on the client software (React Native) powering the Anchor mobile app for iOS and Android. You will have the opportunity to work on new features from initial idea to production, including the design, development, deployment, and iteration. You will work closely with backend API engineers to develop new features in a tight iteration loop (if you’re interested, you’ll also be able to pitch in on the backend development of new features).
- Build the client implementation of new product features
- Collaborate with team during the design and development process of new features
- Write well-designed, documented, and testable code
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing application features
- Manage the lifecycle of mobile application development including development, internal QA, regression testing, and app store release
- Work closely with user interface designers to collaborate directly on feature definition, implementation, and assets
- Work closely with backend API engineers to develop API specifications suitable for responsive, fluid user interfaces
- Work with a risk-based mindset and actively manage the tradeoffs between development velocity and correctness
- Consider security implications in the design and implementation of your software, including supply chain integrity
- Have a high personal standard for software quality and correctness
- Are thoughtful about code quality and software architecture
- Have professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Are familiar with React Native or similar programming languages and frameworks
- Have experience utilizing REST APIs from a mobile client, and writing reliable client code
- Have experience with unit & integration testing
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field, or substantive professional experience the demonstrates that such a degree was not necessary for your success
At Anchor, we are building a company and culture where everyone can produce their best work. To achieve this, we are creating an environment that is inclusive of diverse backgrounds and encourages a sustainable work-life balance.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fast paced work environment with a unique opportunity to assume significant responsibility
- Paid health care, complete work from home setup, and fitness reimbursements
- Flexible hours and remote working